Workshop - 27th Jan 2013 - 11am till 2pm - GET IN TOUCH TO REGISTER FOR NEXT EVENT AUTUMN 2013
Learn to Run - EFFICIENTLY !
The workshop in January was a great success (details of it are below). We will look to run this again in Autumn 2013. If you would be interested in attending please email us and we will add your name to the list.
We’re extremely excited to announce that two of the UK’s leading specialists in natural efficient running are coming to present a 3 hour workshop at Box Bell Fit on Sunday 27th January 11am till 2pm.
Remember to wear your trainers! :-)
Spaces will be limited so get booked on now, ONLY £20 for current Box Bell Fit Members and £25 for non members .
We will schedule another workshop ASAP if we get a lot of interest over the amount we can take for this session.
The workshop is not just for those that train with Box Bell Fit - anyone is welcome - so please forward this page to anyone you think would benefit.
Anna was fortunate enough to spend several days with Helen coaching her this summer, and transitioned safely to wearing 'barefoot' (zero drop) trainers. Prior to this Anna had been worried by her running technique after getting a stress fracture of the cuboid bone in her left foot. After months of healing and not knowing why it occurred it all became clear after spending time with Helen assessing her running technique. Needless to say she's back running and better than ever before!
Expect an 3hr interactive and inspiration experience covering the below plus no doubt more!
- The Science behind natural efficient running
- Practical Coaching
- Transition & Conditioning
- Q & A
About - Helen Hall
The World's 1st 'barefoot' Iron(wo)man; ultra-distance runner; efficient running coach; medical therapist. Owner of the shop Ten-Point in Amersham. Ten-Point is all about Efficient Running, Efficient Cycling, swimming, triathlon, duathlon, aquathon, and any other combination of the three disciplines you can come up with.
She is also Co-founder of Barefoot Audio: music and coaching downloads to promote safe, efficient running in minimal/no footwear.
Proudest sporting moment: completing 'the hardest Ironman in the world', Ironman Lanzarote, in 2011 with a 41 min PB over Ironman Austria, 7 loo stops and a "I think it's all over" moment in the swim, hanging off a course marker buoy for a while - the stubborn Yorkshire streak won!
Motto: If you think you can do it - you probably can.
- Lifetime runner.
- 'Barefoot' Ultra-Distance runner.
- Credited with being the world's first 'barefoot' Iron(wo)man.
- Triple 'barefoot' Ironman.
- Natural Running Coach, promoting Efficient Running through biomechanical running skill.
- Founder and owner of Ten-Point: the Hub of Efficient Running & Cycling.
- Co-founder of Barefoot Audio: music and coaching downloads to promote safe, efficient running in minimal/no footwear.
- Writer and tutor of YMCAfit Barefoot/Efficient Running course.
- Coach to the inov-8 Natural Run programme.
- World’s first female F.I.S.T. Tri & Road bike fitter, trained by Dan Empfield of Slowtwitch.
- Following over 6 years serving in the Royal Air Force as an Air Traffic Control Officer, retrained as a fitness instructor and remedial masseur.
- Over the course of several years, continued therapist training and progressed into a specialisation in vascular and lymphatic circulations through Doctor Vodder Manual Lymph Drainage and Professor Leduc Medical Lymph Drainage, leading to:
- 14 year focus on biomechanical movement, walking and running technique and walking and running injuries.
About - Matt Wallden
Matt Wallden has studied osteopathic medicine to Batchelor's and Master's degree level, qualifying to practice in 1997. He is also a naturopath, a Holistic Lifestyle Coach, a Golf Biomechanic and a Certified Metabolic Typing nutritional advisor. From 2001, Matt trained to become a leading CHEK practitioner; a role which has seen him work thorugh the system to gain a prestigious role on the Faculty of the CHEK Institue, teaching the first 3 levels of the C.H.E.K. certification course.
Matt has extensive experience of successfully working with chronic pain patients, elite athletes and everyone in the spectrum between.
Matt has authored two chapters in health texts and has had papers published in international journals. He sits on the editorial board of the Journal of Bodywork & Movement Therapies, has run and contributed to multiple professional forums and events.
Matt also trains students at post-graduate and undergraduate levels and speaks at conferences and events here and abroad.
Matt owns and runs Primal Lifestyle who are the official distributor of Vibram's Fivefingers and barefoot running shoes to the UK since 2007. From January 1st 2012 we are the exclusive distributors to all sectors in the UK, including Northern Ireland.